Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS support where a person with a disability receives supports to live in their own home.
Built around our customer’s needs, we provide a range of accommodation options to enable you to live more independently.
We will support you to live as independently as possible. By getting to know you and understanding your interests, likes / dislikes and goals for the future, we can help you to achieve your independent living goals.
Our flexible, highly skilled staff support you to reach your full potential and enjoy a fulfilling home life.
We can assist you to:
- Develop individual program plans that outline goals, aspirations and desires for independent living
- Develop and maintain friendships and community connections
- Access social and recreational activities
- Manage and attend appointments
- Complete forms and other forms of communication
- Maintain a household
- Manage accommodation and tenancy obligations
We can also work with you to develop increased independence through skill development in areas such as:
- Financial and money management
- Shopping and household tasks, including cooking and domestic duties
- Social skills
- Using public transport
- Our Aspire team can help you find a home to call your own.
Aspire has many options available for you to chose as your new home. We have bright modern homes and freshly renovated homes that are equipped with modern furnishings, have internet access and shared vehicle access.
For Aspire to be able to support you to live in your own home, you will need Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding in your NDIS plan.
If you require complex accommodation supports, you may also need Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding.
We recommend that people work with their Support Coordinator to ensure the right funding is received.
Aspire has Customer Service Officers who are dedicated to supporting people with Aspires Living Options. Our team can work with you and your Support Coordinator to help understand how the NDIS funds SIL and SDA and we are more than happy to assist you in determining if you are eligible for the level of funding you would need to live in your own home. We can also support you to look at alternative Living Options.
Contact our team today so that we can support you to explore your exciting future in your new home!